On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 10:38:14 AM UTC+2, @TiddlyTweeter wrote:

> The lowest, and most basic, "Copyrightable Unit" is the Tiddler. It is
> not plugins or other assemblages (like bundles). They can, of course,
> collectively define their contents under Copyright, but the basic unit
> seems to me to be individual Tiddlers.

yes.

> Take the case of svg's or single macros or widgets.

This are kind of 2 different things. ... For SVGs there is an established
mechanism. I'll respond in the other thread. macros and widgets are
tiddlers.

> Would it not be better if a default Copyright Field were available for
> every Tiddler? And that when that field was created it would
> automatically be shown in that Tiddler's "footer" region?

Theoretically speaking: yes.

Practically speaking: *no*   ... This would be a "management" nightmare and
probably unnecessary bloat and noise. ... So users may be driven away.

I'll respond in more detail in the other thread.

-m

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f6e1100a-96e5-458d-8d07-bc6381fe6c2b%40googlegroups.com.