You shouldn't think of the all operator as "iterate over all tiddlers to
find the one corresponding to the operand", but as "select all tiddlers
corresponding to the operand" (as the name "selector operator" suggests).
That the implementation does or does not iterate over every tiddler is a
completely separate fact. Even if "select all current tiddlers" happens to
result in only one tiddler, it has helped me to remind the semantic of the
operator; first I select, then I filter.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/21df3cb3-24ed-4f97-809e-b7d82877d77a%40googlegroups.com.