Mat,

I have been building a single TWC for more than 10 years. It does much of
what I need but is not so "responsive" for mobile use, and yes the firefox
timeout is set from 10 up to 80 and occasionally I loose a days work (every
6-12 months), It actually contains around 16,000 tiddlers. Actually I think
my biggest issue will be reproducing functionality, replacing plugins and
specially designed view tiddlers. In fact it is such a deep rabbit hole, I
am avoiding it for now.  A trial attempt to import it all into node.js as
an experiment, seems to have ended sadly, now I need to reboot my Synology
NAS its running on. The reason its so big is it has included dozens of
large projects, dozens of small ones as a Professional IT solutions
designer, as a Knowledge and Information Manager, as a sustainability and
community activist not to mention creative and entrepreneurial ideas all
with Operational, Tactical and Strategic review processes built around it.
Fortunately it is well structured and the key information is in references
and Projects.

I expect I will handle Contacts, Projects, references and to do lists and
similar information sets separately and maintain historical information in
TWC. I think the trick is to bundle these different resources into their
own new systems that can be moved from one wiki to another, and use a
phased transition. I expect I should do something with Node.JS so it is
easier to include or exclude tiddlers, and deal with the size.

I have appreciated the bespoke nature of building exactly what I want when
I want into a single effective tool, but it appears this means it is only I
who can do a migration. I will be posting on one effort of mine to prepare
the stage for this migration, to this group for feedback soon. What I call
Object tiddlers.

I am working on rapid Tiddlywiki development processes, generic tools and
solutions, building a technical understanding for three reasons, 1. To
Turbo Charge how I work, 2. provide solutions for clients and 3. move my
old tiddlywiki.

I expect I will get to know Batch Manipulator
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fbatchmanipulator.tiddlyspot.com&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNG-tnSK_exU1vFxVy2fueYga38NBw>

well.

Perhaps we can compare notes on this migration.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8cf5231e-b8a3-4f48-bbc4-96701fbca989%40googlegroups.com.