Hi again Tony

yes, basically what Josiah says. By opinionated I mean it has a lot of
things that kind of forces the visitor to use TW with your specific
preferences. There is the theme  and there are several buttons that are not
in default/empty TW but also (I'm guessing) not part of what your plugin...
or at least whta a "plugin to create menus" should feature in my prejudice
mind. This confuses things and draws attention away from what I'm guessing
are the actual plugin aspects. ... Or just maybe the many tiddler tool
buttons and sidebar buttons *are* required components in your menu plugin?

As for [what I assume are] the actual menu buttons, they are also colored
and with double borders. You are of course 100% free to do this, but it is
very much a matter of taste. Yes, a more minimalistic design is also just a
matter of taste - but a minimal design makes it easier for the potential
user to envision it in his/her own context and with his/her own stylistic
preferences. Also, someone might think "If I install this plugin, will it
then *change *my styling into this?" Using the default colors and buttons
or very minimalistic buttons (in this case I guess that means single
borders) will (IMO) diminish this fear.

That said, maybe the colors and the double borders are examples of settings
in your plugin, that you want to show off? That would make sense to show
then.

Again, I say this as constructive criticism, attempting to help to make
your plugin embrace. Thank you for your generous contributions to our
little community!

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6403fbb6-c037-409f-8c5f-bb6763e9291e%40googlegroups.com.