I came across this thread this evening. I like hearing that someone else
besides me has grappled with this problem. You in using TiddlyServer, and I
in developing it.

This is exactly the problem that I predicted would happen, but I did not
expect it would show up in real-world use, as I did not really think anyone
would have 50 wikis! I should have known to trust my instincts :)

The problem is caused in part by the way Tiddlywiki data folders are setup.
Each folder must be in its own Tiddlywiki environment. So every wiki loads
the same code files from disk and executes them. All in the same Node
process, but still all separate objects.

I could create a new type of connecter that would serve the folder directly
to the client along with the required plugins and core. When a data folder
would be opened it would serve a loader which would load the core and the
specified plugins directly into the browser and then sync changes back to
the server.

In my mind this should be a fairly easy route to follow. The loader could
be generated on the fly so the page loads fairly quickly and also so it
works with the browser cache. I have wanted to implement this in many
scenarios and it seems like it is becoming more realistic and necessary.

Thoughts, anyone? Does it matter if plugins in a data folder get loaded
directly to the browser? It shouldn't, I don't think. Especially with the
current template for the server command in TiddlyServer, which is
$:/core/save/all.

That's my two cents.
Arlen

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSSft7w%3DWp5CBAXm-zHogpA5kUxeP6Y6Uib4WYZB0sTSQA%40mail.gmail.com.