You have precisely defined the problem. The crux of the matter really is
the cache because it isn't just a cache, it is the entire $tw environment
loaded into NodeJS, which then generates the HTML for the browser.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSSqsW3aoc2-ORfrMe3SFk9RLr6ksy0caxNe7hta%3D-d6Tw%40mail.gmail.com.