Hi Riz

Your *Enumerator Plugin* is Brilliant! It actually goes beyond what I 
originally thought was needed and solves not just my original query but 
effectively deals also the "overwrite" problem because you can import 
knowing you are NOT going to have name conflicts.

I been testing it. It works perfectly. Just FYI, my workflow with it was ...

1 - In TW Reggie (where I prep the text), create the Jason (with all titles 
as "PERRY MASON")

2 - In TW PerryMason (the final destination) simply cut and paste the 
content of the the Jason from (1) into a JSON tiddler in TW PerryMason. 
[Note: I'll install your plugin on destination TW because that's where its 
needed]

3 - Press the button to create the Tiddlers. Bingo!

Whole process from collection of 8 Perry Mason texts from the net, 
conversion to Json, transfer to final destination TW, press the button: 15 
minutes. 2056 Tiddlers created. That's what I call GOOD! :-)

I also tested it using more than one "title" value in one Jason. And also 
used a second Jason. Works great. Numbering is exactly right.

The ONLY issue I have, which I'm not sure if its solvable, is that the 
numbers are not padded. To explain ... In the use case I hope its clear I'm 
simply using the Tiddler Title as an INDEX (on the destination TW the 
titles won't be shown). Because they are not padded the *sort order goes 
weird*. So the listing (after save) starts looking like this ...



Being able to have *indices that run from #0001 to #9999* would be icing on 
the cake. But I suspect its difficult? Because of the way TW creates new 
numbers sequentially?

An alternative that could maybe work is listing the Tiddlers created in 
*creation 
time order* (latest first, so you see how many you have but I'm unsure if 
all the time stamps would differ).

Anyway. I'm incredibly grateful for what you have created. 

And I'm sure its going to be useful for a lot more users than.

Best wishes
Josiah

P.S. Whilst I was getting the plugin I noticed you have a UUID maker. I'm 
probably going to try that too for a different kind of indexing issue I 
have. 

Riz wrote:
>
> Hi there Josiah,
>
> Your problem provides an interesting challenge. Finally I created an 
> action widget that creates tiddlers from a JSON tiddler, using user defined 
> property for titles and auto-enumeration for conflict resolution. It even 
> lets you specify the initial value for numerical suffix like you asked.
>
> Here is the plugin and demo. 
> <https://ibnishak.github.io/Tesseract/pluginsandmacros/index.html#Action-JSONtid>
>
> Remember:  you have to save the data as a JSON tiddler, not plain text 
> tiddler.
>
> sincerely,
> Riz
>
> https://ibnishak.github.io/Tesseract/
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6624f801-baa4-4b6c-9981-a5f3a8341bcb%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to