Hi Josiah,

Glad to hear that you found it useful. I hope more people will do too.

I did notice your request for padded numbers. Solutions towards that will
bring with it two issues.

- Performance: To correctly pad, say 00001 or 00019 etc, you need to
evaluate the number of digits and add number of zeros accordingly. This
process should happen for every iteration of the loop, in addition to
checking for existence of title with that number as suffix.

- You are essentially defining the maximum number of tiddlers you will
create with that title.
Say you decide you want the numbers to have 5 places. Like 00001 or 00019.
The algorithm will flow like : Is the tiddler existing? -> Yes -> Add a
numerical suffix with 5 places -> Increase it sequentially until you reach
a unique number.
This will go on as expected, till 99999. The moment you create the 100000th
tiddler, the execution of code cannot move forward. Tiddler exists, but
adding any number suffix from 00000 to 99999 is not creating a unique
title, resulting in a deadlock.

A much more simpler, far more open-ended solution to this issue would be,
IMHO, creation of a filter that sorts titles respecting the numerical
parts. Given the alphanumeric nature of our titles, I think this is

If you absolutely cannot wait for someone to come and create that filter, I
suggest you give the $initval as 1000, and that would help you sort