Yet another very cool TiddlyWiki feature!

Might I suggest some kind of small icon to indicate dragging - like this
one:

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=drag+icon&client=firefox-b-1-ab&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj63LDi2c3ZAhVl5YMKHev7C-AQ_AUICigB&biw=1708&bih=789#imgrc=1jQp7oitIf9XiM:

instead of black bands? I imagine most TiddlyWikis published by users would
not use your opening screen with instructions, so it needs to be more
obvious for THEIR users where they can find this hidden stuff.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3bb0fd2d-aa01-4f33-a511-0f0361e23e53%40googlegroups.com.