This is a weakness in the TW design. The title field is overworked, being
used for 3 different functions.

Rather than changing all your links, it's better to  pick a reasonably
unique and accurate title, and sticking with it.

If it's important to you to change how a link displays, consider using
PMario's uni-link (https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/) . It will
let your links use the "description" field for display. The description
field can be changed at any time without effecting linking.

To import the plugin, go to the control panel
(https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/uni-link/#%24%3A%2FControlPanel) and
open the plugins tab. Drag the uni-link over to your TW file. A green bar
should appear. When it does, drop. A tiddler is created for importing.
Click on "import". Then save your TW file and reload (the new plugin
doesn't take effect until after reload).

Be sure to make a back-up of your TW file before doing this, of course.

Good luck!
-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/040e26cf-ec8c-46d6-b805-a0ec71c2b6c5%40googlegroups.com.