I made a demo here: http://dragndroptable.tiddlyspot.com
This shows the table I was describing
in the sidebar are two pills to drag into the table
inside the table they can be rearranged

all operations are stored in a qualified tiddler, not in the current tiddler
so at the end, when arranging is done, click on a button and save

@Jeremy has pointed out that dragging the content of a tiddler is already
>> possible this, you can try it on tiddlywiki.com
>> <$list filter="[tag[HelloThere]]">
>> <$draggable tiddler={{!!text}}><$text text=<<currentTiddler>>/></$draggable>
>> </$list>
> Ha!
> Or to make it even more specific to clarify the simplicity of it:
> <$draggable tiddler={{_source_tid_}}>{{_some_icon_}}</$draggable>
> BUT there is an issue: The result is surrounded by [[ ... ]]. How can
> these brackets be omitted? (@Jeremy - ?)

That seems to be because of the spaces in the dragged "title" (here it's
the text of a tiddler)
It behaves the same way like dragging a tiddler like "i have spaces"
My dragndrop mod could help, maybe I'll make a plugin of it, because
currently it has downsides so that it's not core-able

> I made some modifications to the demo/experiment site
> <http://twools.tiddlyspot.com/>. Now you can drop onto either of the view
> mode text area or the editor! (As noted, in editor the result is surrounded
> <:-)

This is going to be cool 8-)