Thank you for your responses Jed and Mat.

Mat, I have tried the CherryPicker tool. Great job! After having imported
the three CherryPicker components to my wiki, I ran into an issue that the
macro <<cherrypicker "HEY">> adds, for each segment, three additional
unwanted lines: *pfx:HEY*, *txt: text within a segmentHEY* and *rest:HEY*.
Luckily, I was able to remove these lines by deleting, from the
CherryPicker tiddler, code lines like this
@@.pfx ''pfx'':<<pfx>><br>@@

By playing around with the CherryPicker tiddler, I was also able to
display, in the aggregate tiddler, the dates when the corresponding
tiddlers were modified. Which, for an inexperienced person like me, is
great!

However, can there be a method to tag selected paragraphs, in a tiddler, in
such a way, that the tagging symbols (in this case, the two HEY's between
which the 'cherry' is located) would not be displayed in the original
tiddlers? I found that instead of using HEY, squeezing the seleceted text
between two lines of
@@color:white;HEY@@
prevents the word HEY from being displayed. But this seems to be a very
unelegant solution :)

a)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/69c5b348-eefb-417f-a3f0-a7cf202f3356%40googlegroups.com.