Thank you, Mat!

There is no solution as general as I would prefer it, but this seems to
> work;
>
> Oh, <HEY>hello there<HEY> you rascal you.
>
> I.e put the markers inside angle brackets.

This is very elegant!

Now, the major drawback of the CherryPicker is that you cannot use macros
and some special characters in the same tiddler where the marks appear (for
example, you cannot put links to other tiddlers [except for the CamelCased
tiddler titles]).

I understand that the philosophy of tiddlers tells us that tiddlers have to
be as small as possible, so that it would be easier to make use of them,
e.g. tiddlywiki.com claims that:

When a tiddler seems as if it needs to contain subheadings, this is often a
> sign that it should in fact be split into several tiddlers.

However, I believe that, in our already fragmented world, constant
fragmentation is definitely not always a solution, and, moreover, can
indeed cause problems. This is why, I find the tools like CherryPicker to
be really important. Because they:

   1. Do not discourage you from building more monolithic structures.
   2. Encourage you to identify more relevant parts of those structures and
   mark them.
   3. Allow you to collect those parts (not just links to them) by creating
   a possibility of building more interrelated and integral constructions.

Naturally, for those bigger monolithic structures, it is important to have
the full functionality of TiddlyWiki at one's disposal. So, the question
is, how could one possibly solve the known CherryPicker issue, that at its
current state, it is not allowed, in the same tiddler where the marks
appear, to use macrocalls, create links to tiddlers, etc.?!

Regards,

Vytas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e29c5c45-bd7a-44d3-86ae-800ca1ababeb%40googlegroups.com.