Thanks,

I'm using the latest (49.0.2) Firefox ( Linux).

I had to do a draconian clean-out of all recent logins before it would
work. Apparently this is one of those problems that have been allowed to
simmer for more than a decade.

I was not able to upload image files. I assume that you browse to the file
and then "Submit Query" ?? It failed silently with no error message other
than the end of the browser URL  changing to "?error=upload" .

Making a directory and making a directory as a data directory both worked.

Thanks!
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8f0a4158-53c5-4d03-8849-ac8eed73bd6a%40googlegroups.com.