On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 4:28:23 PM UTC+2, Brady77 wrote:

>> I use "real headings" at the tiddler body, which allows me to use the
>> tiddler title as an "index" and I can change the heading as often as I
>> want. "caption" and "subtitle" are very handy here.
>>
>> This works well with the above mentioned plugins, which don't break TWs,
>> that don't use the plugins, if you copy your texts. (but the functionality
>> will be different!)
>>

> So you implemented something what Jeremy suggested in this thread above:
> "...users should be able to use GUIDs for tiddler titles if it suits their
> use case. The missing piece is a way of linking to a tiddler by it's
> GUID/title, but having a specified field displayed as the text of the
> link.".

I did implement it, because I thought in "Globally changing internal links
to display caption text if possible
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/Z7dRU3HrzSs>?" Mark S.
came up with a brilliant Idea, that used the wrong field. ...
and some other threads, pushed me to add the alias-functions to uni-link,
to cover it in one plugin. ..

> This is exact opposite to what Felix'es suggests by using "IDs" for GUIDs.

May be.

-m

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6ba14bcf-5c12-4f8e-a8bc-be6aa17a54c8%40googlegroups.com.