If you're using the uni-link plugin, it will automatically change how your
links are rendered to match either the caption or the subtitle of the
linked tiddler. You can then leave the tiddler alone, never renaming it but
only changing "caption" or "subtitle" if you want to change how it looks
when linked.

Basically, it allows you to use the title as a true immutable ID, and the
caption or subtitle as the title. But it enables better performance -- it
doesn't guarantee it. It's a partial solution because it doesn't fix
existing broken links. You will have to find and fix them. There's also
nothing to prevent you from forgetting and changing a tiddler title. The
title of the tiddler that appears will be different than the title someone
clicked on. Perhaps the ViewTemplate could be modified to also use the
caption or subtitle, reducing confusion.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d52e2d03-0e67-4a93-ae59-b58c3078df50%40googlegroups.com.