OK, there is another way, if you don't mind putting sort criteria in your
tiddlers. See:

https://tiddlywiki.com/#How%20to%20change%20the%20sort%20order%20of%20sub-branches%20in%20a%20TOC%20macro

for details.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3b9c7727-e9a8-485a-9637-7819fa2c5ea1%40googlegroups.com.