Mark,

I would also add, designed correctly a packed would have the unpack
"button" built in and be tolerant of generating multiple copies. The
content need not be in a field but hidden in a \define

partial code to illustrate

\define unpack(packedtiddlertitle newname)
<$set name=defaultname value=$newname$ emptyValue="originalname">
Button that Calls packedtiddlertitle(newname) to create the tiddler
</$set>
\end
\define packedtiddlertitle(newname)
all it takes to recreate the packed tiddler
\end
\define 2ndpackedtiddlertitle(newname)
all it takes to recreate the packed tiddler
\end
<<unpack packedtiddlertitle [optional-new name]>>
<<unpack 2ndpackedtiddlertitle [optional-new name]>>

People could package and use this for tiddler templates and new tiddler
creation.

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e7a84176-656b-478c-8160-c97b46fe7fcf%40googlegroups.com.