Dave,

I understand if you do not see where I am coming from, it is a slight
digression. But to me it solves the same problem by different means,
perhaps you have some preferences or unstated requirements my solution does
not help you with.

The point is one can highlight any piece of wiki text and add * : to lines
one or more times to indent bullets.

A value of this method is such lines act as paragraphs (ending with enter
not <br><br>) and wrap just the way we want. All that remains is to do this
without bold as in the ";" so we can precede every line with that character
and they behave as paragraphs. By having the same character also indent one
tab level after the first we we can simply add and remove that character as
desired.

In the following example I have also followed the ":" with a css class and
this works if you define .q and .a in a style sheet

;Hello
:.q Question
::.a answer

This means you could use css to insert an icon of your choice and other
styling.

The : and * will indent long the text correctly.

Mohammad also pointed out this tip

* One
* """ Two
 This is a muliline item!
"""
* Third

But the multi-line can't contain More bullets.

Regards

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2a20d9db-11bf-4e1b-a3ba-54658499cf56%40googlegroups.com.