Ahh now I understand you.

Re-reading your posts in the morning helped me see what you are saying.

I think to restate my request in a simpler way, what I want is to reassign
the tab key to insert asterisks instead of whatever it does now in
TiddlyWiki. (or : or | but * has the advantage of already doing what I want
it to do).

In other words, I want to hit a tab key once, twice or more within a line
to add bullets rather than go back and select and hit editor buttons.

A second but less necessary tweak would be tweaking the enter key so that
it does a new line but also adds an asterisk. That way I could finish a
line, hit enter, and be on the next bullet point, then add additional
bullets with tab. If I wanted a line without a bullet I could just
backspace after using enter to start the new line.

Does this make sense?

David Gifford
Mexico team leader, Mexico City

*Resonate Global Mission*
*Engaging People. Embracing Christ.*
A Ministry of the Christian Reformed Church
resonateglobalmission.org

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CANE%3DBFKSpAaKyHXyLE4ho6wYK15a6KdfPNFjzFFy%3DoE880HejQ%40mail.gmail.com.