While reading various TW Google Group exchanges (some are included below
that I had noted down), I put down some thoughts the last few days.

For what purposes am I using tags used for?

   1. tags prefixed $:/ for the TW system
   2. tags for creating "parent-child" relationships - i.e. ordering a
   Table of Contents
   3. tags for keeping track of excised data for transclusion back into the
   original
   4. tags for changing style (custom css, display, colour, adding text,
   triggering a veiw template, etc)
   5. tags for creating groups
   6. tags for categories
   7. tags for keywords
   8. other uses ???

What if I start different uses of tags with different prefixes?
I already prefix system tags because this is how TW is designed with:
*$:/some/system/tag*
Table of Content tags are the Title of the parent tiddler - usually no
prefix

So RANDOMLY - without putting much thought into what symbol to prefix the
tags ...

Keywords? How about starting those with : *#my-keyword*
Category? How about : *@my-category*
Topic? How about: *!topic*
Keeping track of excised data?: *^Parent-Tiddler-Name*
Groups? perhaps: *%my-group*
Styling tags? How about: **my-style*

I just started thinking about this recently, so my insights are still in
infancy.

[Slightly OT] Jeremy speaking at CodeMesh, London 8/9th November 2018
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tiddlywiki/FXGEIa85Bks>  -
the whole fascinating discussion - and of course the video it refers to: Joe
Armstrong & Jeremy Ruston - Intertwingling the Tiddlywiki with Erlang |
Code Mesh LDN 18
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1UfLPK7_Q&index=9&list=PLvL2NEhYV4ZtWFBNOrApXaIoCTtj-yk7Y>

In this fascinating discussion we had:

TiddlyTweeter
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/FXGEIa85Bks/S2h4-nixBgAJ> : TW
is interesting because its tags serve several functions (semantic,
organizational, systemic) seamlessly.

But, at the same time, any TW tag is a "label applied" to a tiddler -- a
distance between the tiddler and its manifest content.

FYI I'm a big fan of Twiitter where #hashtags are always inline. No
separation of content from organization. Its a neat approach on content
cognisance. Twitter is maybe extreme in its #hashtaggery but its effective
in terms of finding stuff well enough. But, of course, Twitter usage of
#hashtags is purely about flagging content, whilst in TW tags do several
jobs.

Joe Armstrong
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/FXGEIa85Bks/0mMnU0qvDwAJ> - YES
:-)  -- Given my earlier observations, perhapse we could distinguish two
types of tags. The #inlineHashTags could have something to do with the
content of the containing paragraph. The tiddler tags could mean "tags used
to internally organise the TW itself"

TonyM <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/FXGEIa85Bks/pLAQdMXfBgAJ>
- The simple act of ignoring tags prefixed $:/ is enough to keep system
tags out of your models.

PMario <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/FXGEIa85Bks/2xa5skLyBgAJ>
- Both of those systems [Table of Contents & list-links] (mis)use tags to
create internal structure, because the tagging mechanism was and is highly
optimized. Both in the core-software and the UI. The core uses several
caches to speed up tag and "backlink" lookups. ... We do have fields and
filters, that are able to create invisible internal structure. But none of
those possibilities offer the performance and "ease of use" from the UI
perspective.

------------------------------

TonyM - Searching Tiddlers with transcluded content
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/SpSVHc1ZLYE/3C36TfRyBwAJ>

Especially when it comes to intrinsically related data, I tend to start
with a body of text and excise it, into our partial-tiddler(s) not only
will the excise replace it but It also tags the new tiddler with the title
of where is was excised from.

Thus if I was to search for something and it is found in a particular
tiddler, then what that tiddler is tagged with is likely where I will find
it transcluded as well.

------------------------------

Jed's Generic Tag Fields
<https://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/GenericTagFields/>

------------------------------
Mark S. How to tag separate paragraphs in different tiddlers and then
transclude them?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/tiddlywiki/RNqJR1s6ysk/nUzIhztGBwAJ>

 I don't think most people want to wrangle 20+ little tiddlers just so they
can access one section inside an article. The old TWC had sections, and I
think a lot of us were flabbergasted that the "improved" TW5 didn't. The
old system works the way people actually think.

It might be different if there were better tools for moving, annotating,
deleting, and ordering small tiddlers, but there's not. How do you list a
bunch of tiddlers, keep them in order, move them around, without having to
open individual tiddlers to modify a sort field? Or create a massive list
field in a Tagging tiddler -- working in a field box shorter than this
sentence? How do you put them back into a single tiddler? How do you
prevent orphans? I'm sure someone could come up with various tools to
accomplish these tasks after the fact, but shouldn't these tools be in the
core if we're expected to routinely use them that way?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b42bde8e-cc1d-4de3-b981-4718057e8c4b%40googlegroups.com.