When I started using TiddlyWiki, I originally thought the tags were the
perfect solution to find notes easily: just pick the right tags and find
what I was looking for. For example, if I'm looking for a description of
running TiddlyWiki on Node, I select the "TiddlyWiki", "Node", and
"Hosting" tags. Or, for example, if I'm looking for cat's description, I
select the "pet", "mammal", "cute" tags. The system works because our brain
also connects concepts through their similar qualities (I think), but the
problem is the same as in our brain: we get a disordered concept set.

No matter how much I wanted to avoid, a hierarchy (ToC) is needed because
it makes the system organized. The great thing about working with
TiddlyWiki is that the same note can appear in several different parts of
the hierarchy. For example, a cat may be included in the "pets" and
"mammals" branches.

But besides the hierarchy (as can be seen from the description), it is also
necessary to have the tags visible. If someone wants to see the structure
(ToC) and the tags at the same time, he might be interesting to have the
Locator plugin: https://bimlas.gitlab.io/tw5-locator/

Trying to apply the theories in this article, here is an example usage of
Locator sidebar: https://bimlas.gitlab.io/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cbc5d2e5-a144-4def-9e7d-39413513f547%40googlegroups.com.