So, I've done a fair amount of discussion with PMario on the Discord, but I
just went on vacation, so I won't be on Discord much (which also means if
you need to get in touch, here is the better place to do it).

 But here it seems to be from converting Text -> Paths

Yes, that was deliberate on my part. When I originally had it as text, when
I went to click on an object, I kept highlighting the text instead of
activating the hyperlink, which is what I was intending to do. So, I
converted the text to paths, so that I could still read the labels, but go
straight into the area, rather than accidentally highlighting the text when
I click on it.

TW stylesheets

I'm not sure how this is different/similar to regular CSS, since I don't
even know anything about CSS anyway >_<

I've uploaded a file, which is just the paths grouped into each location
that, and labelled properly. So, the "text layers" that have been converted
into paths are gone, the background jpeg is gone, it's just the path
outlines and Labels/ID's, since I wasn't sure which one would be
helpful/necessary.

It seems evident that I can define opacity in the following way:
.zone:hover {
opacity:1
transition: 1s
}

<g class="zone"
       id="Old_Svalich_Road"
       inkscape:label="Old Svalich Road"
       style="fill:none">
      <path
         sodipodi:nodetypes="aaaaaaaaaa"
         inkscape:connector-curvature="0"
         id="path5219"
         d="m 733.2591,459.98363 c 1.88541,-1.22344 4.48191,[etc, etc, etc]"
         style="fill:none" />
      <path
         sodipodi:nodetypes="aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
         inkscape:connector-curvature="0"
         id="path5221"
         d="m 686.85224,478.31327 c 1.40937,[etc, etc, etc]"
         style="fill:none" />
    </g>

Obviously the path doesn't actually say 'etc, etc, etc', I just put that
there to save space.

At least, that's what I'm assuming I'd need to do, I'm shooting in the
dark.

Now, after that point, I'd need to define how to upload it into TW, so that
it isn't input in an image tag, but rather as an svg tag, AND put the jpeg
in the background, so they line up properly, AND put the text back in.

Are the text -> path thingies only a problem because of space? Or could
they be causing problems with the interactive hover behavior?

Can you guys also point me in the direction of resources I could read to
try and get this done for myself? Pmario is super busy with his own
projects, and I don't wanna bother him too much, but I do wanna be working
on this as I can.

Thanks guys!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ddb1d089-3155-4cbb-a6d6-27737ac426bb%40googlegroups.com.