Cd.K

Yes, and alternate regex search tab that permits entry into a variable
could overcome this limitation. It could include more regex advice
including that which you ask for.

Outside of regex and the inappropriate use of [ ] in title (not
recommended) I am not sure many would expose this issue. Perhaps a not can
be added in the documentation on tiddlywiki.com. Just edit a tiddler to
propose the change.

Regards
Tony