Hi Yakov

my bad, I thought that the update you were talking about was some time ago
> and haven't checked the repo. Now I've updated my forks and tried bld.bat
> and got much nicer results but still somewhat incomplete.

Great stuff, I'm very pleased you are still working on this.

> So what's nice is that in somedir\tiddlywiki.com_and_builders\test I now
> got cooked index.2.9.1.html which is classic.tiddlywiki.com file with the
> new core. Same file is inside the somedir\tiddlywiki.com_and_bui
> lders\cooked\2.9.1\ folder (named index.html; I've compared them, texts
> are identical).
>
> What's not that nice:
>
>    - empty.2.9.1.html is not cooked (no present in both cooked/2.9.1/ and
>    test/ subfolders of somedir\tiddlywiki.com_and_builders\
>
> It sounds like PhantomJS needs to be installed - http://phantomjs.org/

It enables the batch file to invoke TiddlyWiki itself to generate the empty
file and the RSS index file.

The script suggests that you'll need to set the environment variable
BROWSER to point to the phantomjs executable.

https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki.com/commit/60d32efadec15fb13ef5ede4b201e3fbd874fed1

>    - there are many errors in tests.html. I've tried to build both
>    current TWc core and my updated core
>    <https://github.com/YakovL/tiddlywiki/tree/YLTW>, I've got only one
>    new test failed and over 10 others are failed with the current core.
>    There's definitely a number of tests which should be rewritten (for
>    instance, slice names no longer can't have space in their name), they are
>    located (defined) in TiddlyWiki/test/ , right?
>
> That certainly makes sense, do feel free to adjust the tests as required.

>    - when I run building, still phantom_driver.js is opened in browser
>    instead of anything helpful. Any ideas?
>
> Best regards,
> Yakov.

See above.

Good luck, and let me know how you get on,

Best wishes

Jeremy

> [...]
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> BUILD: creating TIDDLYWIKI_EXTERNALJS.HTML (v2.9.1)
>> Boot log:
>>   Startup task: load-modules
>>   Startup task: info after: load-modules before: startup
>>   Startup task: startup after: load-modules
>>   Startup task: story after: startup
>>   Startup task: commands platforms: node after: story
>> Executing command: load ../tiddlywiki/tiddlywiki_externaljs.html.recipe
>> Executing command: rendertiddler $:/core/templates/tiddlywiki2.template.html
>> <somedir>\tiddlywiki.com_and_builders\cooked\2.9.1/tiddlywiki_externaljs.html
>> text/plain
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> BUILD: creating TIDDLYWIKI_EXTERNALJS_TIDDLYSPACE.HTML (v2.9.1)
>> Boot log:
>>   Startup task: load-modules
>>   Startup task: info after: load-modules before: startup
>>   Startup task: startup after: load-modules
>>   Startup task: story after: startup
>>   Startup task: commands platforms: node after: story
>> Executing command: load ../tiddlywiki/tiddlywiki_exter
>> naljs_tiddlyspace.html.recipe
>> Executing command: rendertiddler $:/core/templates/tiddlywiki2.template.html
>> <somedir>\tiddlywiki.com_and_builders\cooked\2.9.1/tiddlywiki_externaljs_tiddlyspace.html
>> text/plain
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> BUILD: creating TWCORE.JS (v2.9.1)
>> Boot log:
>>   Startup task: load-modules
>>   Startup task: info after: load-modules before: startup
>>   Startup task: startup after: load-modules
>>   Startup task: story after: startup
>>   Startup task: commands platforms: node after: story
>> Executing command: load ../tiddlywiki/tiddlywikinosaver.html.recipe
>> Executing command: rendertiddler
>> $:/core/templates/tiddlywiki2.externaljs.template.html
>> <somedir>\tiddlywiki.com_and_builders\cooked\2.9.1/twcore.js text/plain
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> BUILD: copying TIDDLYSAVER.JAR
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> BUILD: copying JQUERY.JS
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> BUILD: copying JQUERY.TWSTYLESHEET.JS
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> BUILD: creating EMPTY.HTML and INDEX.XML from INDEX.HTML
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> BUILD: copying INDEX.HTML to TEST/INDEX.2.9.1.HTML
>> BUILD: copying EMPTY.HTML to TEST/EMPTY.2.9.1.HTML
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> BUILD: done
>>
>> воскресенье, 5 ноября 2017 г., 17:48:39 UTC+3 пользователь Jeremy Ruston
>> написал:
>>>
>>> Hi Yakov
>>>
>>> I've made a number of updates that should get the TW2 build process
>>> working again:
>>>
>>> 1. Fixing a regression in TW5 that had broken the "classictools" TW5
>>> plugin that we use for the build process
>>> 2. Removing the old code associated with pulling the content down from
>>> TiddlySpace, and instead storing the content in the tiddlywiki repo
>>> 3. Working around the removal of the editions/tw2 edition from TW5

>>> d7ae4019d0f3c20a55eb5318096e
>>> https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki/commit/c5d5c85eb733
>>> 7a4f052f0d0151de0679be72e0ed
>>> https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki.com/commit/46daaa43
>>> 97d143b467bb5ba2deb938bd817ca642
>>> https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki/commit/5a53e55d80d3
>>> 3db12599203e1847c14de456a837
>>>
>>> Anyhow, things are working for me now under Mac OS X. I haven't tested
>>> under Windows.
>>>
>>> The instructions for the build process can be found here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/tiddlywiki/tiddlywiki.com
>>>
>>> Hopefully now Eric and I between us should be able to help you get up
>>> and running,
>>>
>>> Best wishes
>>>
>>> Jeremy

>>> --
>>> Jeremy Ruston
>>> mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com
>>>
>> --
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywikidev.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ms
> gid/tiddlywikidev/892b3b5c-5845-4b4c-8c0a-7eceb550c775%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/892b3b5c-5845-4b4c-8c0a-7eceb550c775%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com