Hi Yakov

Happy New Year to you, too, and well done on the excellent progress.

I’ve merged the documentation PR:
https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki.com/pull/29

> I've successfully modified a couple of tests and will make a pull request
> once I build a complete set of tests for extended slices, now I think I can
> become a maintainer, although there's a number things to learn still (most
> notably, how to update classic.tiddlywiki.com
> <http://classic.tiddlywiki.com/> once a new version is ready). Jeremy, let me
> know how should I proceed for this.

Great stuff. The next step is for you to be given the necessary access to the
https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki.github.com
<https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki.github.com> repo (as well as the
https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki.com
<https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki.com> and
https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/TiddlyWiki
<https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/TiddlyWiki> repos). I’ve gone ahead and done
that, hopefully you’ll have received a notification from GitHub.

> ? TiddlyWiki/test/README says there are JSSpec tests, but I don't see them.
> Were they removed? Should README be updated?

I suspect that the README needs updating.

> ? what is a .recipe file? How they are ~concatenated? Some of them contain
> only tiddler or recipe commands (sounds like "include one recipe into
> another) while others various commands like
> template, copyright, style, noscript, jsext (TiddlyWiki/html/split.recipe)
> prehead, shadow (TiddlyWiki/shadows/split.recipe)
> version, js (TiddlyWiki/js/split.recipe)
> jsdeprecated (TiddlyWiki/deprecated/split.recipe)
> jslib, jquery (TiddlyWiki/jquery/split.recipe,
> TiddlyWiki/jquery/plugins/split.recipe)
> a whole zoo of them. Is there some docs/group threads with their description?

Recipe files were introduced with the original Ruby-based “cook” tool. I don’t
think that the format was ever documented. I reverse engineered the Ruby code
in order to develop the TW5 support:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/master/plugins/tiddlywiki/classictools/modules/recipe.js

<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/master/plugins/tiddlywiki/classictools/modules/recipe.js>
> ? (for now, just out of curiosity) does TW5 use some unit-tests system? Which
> one?

TW5 uses Jasmine:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/master/plugins/tiddlywiki/jasmine
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/tree/master/plugins/tiddlywiki/jasmine>