TonyM wrote:

> The social pressure placed on me with people like Mohammad and those of
> you beforehand publishing great content, is for me to publish more of my
> tools and utilities, has led me to build and automate a process to publish
> content.
>
> I am starting this thread to solicit suggestions for such standards for
> publishing. I often see github, demo and source wikis published for a
> plugin. What should these contain?

One of the issues here is I have a lot of wiki macro solutions that do not
> need to be plugins, they can be installed without save and reload so they
> can be "dropped" on any wiki and used, for exploratory purposes.
>
> I can try and build me own solution but I would prefer to do so based on
> the wisdom and experience of the community so this post.

I'm not sure my wisdom is orthodox :-). I'd say that JSON format is the
premier format for sharing work, regardless of whether its a plugin or
humble macro.

The plugin mechanism is very good for fact of shadow tiddlers &
recuperation from change errors. The plugin format is also good for being
consolidated, in the sense you can remove it in one go. The addressing
contains it.

As I have mentioned before I think there is a social-psychological aspect
to "plugins" that maybe sometimes inhibit breaking them down for reuse.
Plugins are the work of an "auteur" and we respect that. Perhaps too much?

Best wishes
TT