In message <alpine.lrh.2.03.1312101425560.31...@cendio.se>,
Peter Astrand <astr...@cendio.se> wrote:

>Hi. Yes, we are aware of that WinVNC needs some work. Unfortunately, we at
>Cendio does not have any time to work on this now. Thus, unless someone
>else volunteers to fix this, three options remains:
>
>1. Do nothing, keep it anyway. Might be useful to some people, for example
>those running Windows XP.
>
>2. Remove it.
>
>3. Sponsor someone else to fix it.
>
>Although we do not use WinVNC at Cendio, we understand that it's an
>important component, so 3) is what remains. My plan is to post a project
>on https://www.bountysource.com/ next week, hoping to attract someone that
>can do this work, and possibly other sponsors. Goal for the project would
>be to get the same level of functionality on Windows 7 as is already
>available on Windows XP.
>
>Does this make sense?

Who are you asking?  Me?  I've moved on already, so don't do anything just
on my acount.

Also, I guess I'm confused about something.  One of the reasons... actually
the main reason why I stareted my experimenting with TigerVNC in particular,
out of all of the myriad different flavors of VNC that are, apparently,
available, is that I saw someplace that RedHat was behind this project,
or at least was involved.  So I thought to myself "Good!  That is a big
enough company that they will probably care if it doesn't work right."

But based on your posting, I am gathering that I may have made a few too
many assumptions (about the possibility that TigerVNC might be a heavily
supported project).