Hello,

El 21/06/2011 02:19, Luis Cupido escribió:

Imagine an FPGA and a square wave coming out.
Just that. Nothing more.

(That is what I had in mind when querying about the MSB usage in
the first place.)

My first approach was the ACC MSB
(and that is working already on the bench.)

I supppose that then you will need the digital version of the DDS -> Filter -> Comparator think, usign a FIR and outputing the sign of the resultant signal.

P.S. At the moment I'm testing on the bench with a real FPGA cyclone III
with a 48bit dds at 100MHz fclock and at circa 6 and 18MHz output and it is not that bad. I got better than -60dBc in the desired ranges.
So not too unhappy for a start ;-) PLL cleans 99% of it...
but the close in spurs are annoying.

What it the topology you're using now? Also, I would like to know which DDS core are you using? (since I will need to use one quite soon, probably on a Cyclone IV E)

Best regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherr...@hvsistemas.com
Chief Technology Officer
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com