After a couple of bad experiences with foamed polyethylene that got
contaminated and solid polyethylene where heat had allowed the center
conductor to shift, I have stuck with RG-142 and RG-400 style coax for
short patch cables.

For little stuff that gets soldered into place, I use add RG-316 and
RG-178.  Teflon makes all of these cables easy to solder without
damage.