The -12V is used to drive the RS-232 signals... it also eventually gets to the
EFC dac so it can swing below ground.   Also, the +12V gets to the DAC.   Pay
close attention to generating noise on these lines.

Also, when I did Lady Heather's temperature control PID (with great help from
Warren Sarkison) I did some  measurements on the effects of temperature on the
system with only the tbolt under temperature control and also with both the
power supply (the brick supplied with the original TAPR orders) and the tbolt
temperature stabilized.  It seems about 1/4 to 1/3  of the temperature
sensitivity of the system could be attributed to the power supply and the rest
came from the oscillator/tbolt.  Some attention to the tempco of the power
supply would be a good thing.