On 8/31/16 11:22 AM, Charles Steinmetz wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Charles, do you have the schematic for the HTAA-16W-A  ?  The KO4BB
mod has limited info

Clint wrote:

Ah,  these are the LM723 based linear supplies,  Lambda Coutant made
variants as did Farnell,  they're renowned as high reliability,  low
noise
supplies.

There are schematics out there for the variants but they're all
extremely
similar if not identical.

I don't have a schematic for the HTAA-16W-A, but Clint is correct --
each of the three supplies is a bog-standard LM723 circuit.

with the venerable 2n3055 (1960s!) as the series pass device, and an exotic TIP29 (my 1985 databook has it, but the original datasheet says 1968) to drive it..

They probably used the 1970s versions of the transistor, of course, since the 723 didn't come out til early 70s..

Some things just keep working...
I think they've amply recovered the development cost for those parts..

 I am
attaching a reverse-engineered schematic I found on the net of a
different Power One supply as an example.  I hope I've made it small
enough to get through the server without list-minder approval, in case
Tom is still away.

Best regards,

Charles