Peter,

Take a peak here (scroll down to the graphs):
http://dsp.stackexchange.com/questions/5959/add-odd-even-harmonics-to-signal

The full-wave rectifier creates a symmetric distortion, which causes even harmonics. Each half-cycle has the same output structure, so the resulting signal has twice the frequency of the input. The sawtooth slope as the capacitor discharge has in itself both even and odd overtones, creating the end result of 100 Hz, 200 Hz, 300 Hz etc. We can expect leakage of the 50 Hz and some harmonics on that, due to inbalance between diodes and other paths.