Am 10.04.2018 um 01:03 schrieb Gary E. Miller:
Yo Hal!

On Mon, 09 Apr 2018 13:53:21 -0700
Hal Murray <hmur...@megapathdsl.net> wrote:

The API  for the kernel clock can be read to a ns.  I don't see ntpd
having much use for finer grain than that.  I should look at the
source to see what the internal details look like.
Yeah, but the granularity is much worse.

And with the new generation of attacks against the prefetch queue /
instruction decoder latency that probably will be blurred even more.

I don't expect my computers' clock to be more precise than needed
for makefiles. Anything more precise is better taken care of by hardware.

regards, Gerhard