Hello,

today I was trying to do something easy I did with openvpn before. I
have a server, and a few clients will connect to the server and route
their internet traffic into the tunnel. The server then makes NAT.

To configure clients in OpenVPN there was this directive called:
--redirect-gateway

that basically (copy and paste from OpenVPN man):
1) Create a static route for the --remote address which forwards to
the pre-existing default gateway. This is done so that (3) will not
create a routing loop.
(2) Delete the default gateway route.
(3) Set the new default gateway to be the VPN endpoint address
(derived either from --route-gateway or the second parameter to
--ifconfig when --dev tun is specified).

In know in tinc I can implement this easily using the tinc-up script
(when I have Linux/Mac clients), but I have two problems.

The current gateway value is in some env variable ? Or I have to write
my own script to grep that out or there is something already available
?

What if I have windows client ? I have to write a tinc-up script in
Windows Style script ? I have no idea how to use windows :(

Thanks

Saverio
_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to