On 2/29/24 04:57, Eric Raible wrote:
Huh?

My email on 2/24 was definitely not intended to imply anything
about "old windows versions".  I was simply trying to make a suggestion
about how to locally configure tcc to avoid a reported compiler error.

In any case grischka responded 9 or so hours later to say
that the commit that caused that compiler error on windows
had been reverted.

Griska reverted the memalign code but also made a change to CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO=0.
I asume this was done because of your mail???

Setting CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO=0 looks incorrect to me because it sets write in executables. Apple has implemented W^X (Writes can not occur in executables) for security reasons.
This may also be implemented in in future linux/bsd releases.

Can I revert the change and set CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO=1 for all targets as before?

    Herman