I cannot speak for Griska or the reasons why that change was committed.
But with respect to my mail from 2/25, once again, all I was doing was
hinting
that tcc could be configured to not call (the since reverted) unportable
APIs.

Anyway, from my point of view, a default of RO=1 is fine.  But it should be
#ifdef-protected so that tinycc/configure or win32/build-tcc.bat can change
it.

For instance:

#ifndef CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO
#   define CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO 1
#endif

But since I'm new here I'm not going to push such a commit without
encouragement.

Thanks - Eric