On 29.02.2024 07:26, Herman ten Brugge via Tinycc-devel wrote:
Setting CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO=0 looks incorrect to me because it sets write in
executables.
Apple has implemented W^X (Writes can not occur in executables) for security
reasons.
This may also be implemented in in future linux/bsd releases.

Using CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO=1 may be the right thing to do in
future, however there was a severe off-bounds problem with
the un-mprotect call which I just fixed.  Maybe that was
the reason?

-- grischka

Can I revert the change and set CONFIG_RUNMEM_RO=1 for all targets as before?

     Herman