Hi

Again from yesterday ... already at my limit and not even 8am!

As I mentioned in another post on this topic, I tend to focus on just =3D
these sorts of questions implied by the article and the kinds of evidence =
=3D
that would address the questions.

I do NOT think that we need as teachers to have answers to questions =3D
before raising and discussing them.  One of my primary goals is to help =
=3D
students to appreciate that there are such questions and that only =3D
empirical evidence can answer them.  No amount of anecdotal reports would =
=3D
carry the same weight.

Take care
Jim

James M. Clark
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

>>> Ken Steele <steel...@appstate.edu> 31-Aug-09 2:17:57 PM >>>
Hi Jim:

I can see why this article would generate lots of discussion.

Before using this opinion piece, my first question would be: Is
it true?  Do black parents spank their children more than white
parents?

Do you have references?

Ken