On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:50:58 -0800, Stephen Black wrote:
>On 29 Dec 2010 at 14:22, Allen Esterson wrote:
>> ThereĀ“s an extraordinary article that was published in the 28 December
>> issue of the New York Times:
>> "A Doctor in Iraq, Watching a Faith Healer at Work"
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/28/health/28cases.html?_r=2
>
>Interesting article. But I think Allen may be coming down a bit too
>hard on Dr. Afkhami.
[snip]
>The question is: Are there similar examples in Western medicine?

This is not a parallel example but an example that (a) makes use of
some of the supernatural concepts referred to the in the NY Times
article and (b) how a "Western" view (at least one of them) deals with
it:
http://www.hearkenthewatchmen.com/article.asp?id=394

Though this links to a blog entry, one can try to find the original case
study in the New Oxford Review (whatever that is).

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=7543
or send a blank email to
leave-7543-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu