2 Questions regarding transferring recorded shows...

1. I have 3 series 3 units - 
living room
bedroom
daughters room

When I transfer a show from daughters room to living room - it takes about 
12-14 minutes to transfer an hour long recording....the opposite is also true.  
When I transfer between bedroom and living room or bedroom and daughters room - 
an hour program takes longer then an hour to transfer....WHY??  All three units 
are set with the same configurations and all three have the tivo wireless...

2.  I still have a couple of series 2 units - if I were to hook one up would I 
be able to transfer shows saved on the living tivo to that unit?  My thought is 
to set up in other daughter's room (she's away at college) for her to be able 
to use when she is home...the unit I'm thinking of putting in there is a 
lifetime one so I don't have to worry about paying for a subscription for it...


oops - third question just came up - my college daughter was telling me that 
she has a friend who has a tivo set up at here home and is able to get the 
recording away at school on her laptop - how would one go about getting that????

Thanks in advance,
Roberta - who is not too technical, so please keep the answers simple...

Reply via email to