On 1/20/01 7:56 PM, "James Cook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think most of us feel that Jon deserves a wrap on the knuckles. :)

Not in my charter as I interpret it. Most people here seem to want a fairly
low key, laid back PMC. One that deals with focused issues. Everything else
happens on the public lists. If anyone made a personal threat, then I would
remove them from the lists and rap them on the head and maybe even offer to
send lawyers after them, but until that point -- it's in the community's
arena to decide. At least this is my opinion after hearing how people want
the PMC to run. After all, we say that the ASF pushes down as much power and
control to the committers as possible.

If you want a stronger PMC influence, then the community has to decide to
give the PMC a stronger charter. Or the board does.

<humor basedon="use of word wrap instead of rap">Though next time I see him,
I'll get out the Saran wrap and wrap up his hand.. :)</humor>

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                                  !try; do()