on 1/22/01 2:55 AM, "Paulo Gaspar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now, by fundamentally right I mean that the basic idea is perfect and that
> the implementation is somewhat shity. In the case of dial ins, I think that
> he should not reprehend specific people (as he did with me and others) for
> not trying to dial in when he does not know shit about why we did not do it.

It doesn't matter why you didn't do it. It only matters that you didn't do
it and didn't state why you didn't do it.

Your insistence that no one should know your personal business is bullshit
in a public forum where you are speaking your mind freely. If I wasn't able
to make the meeting I would have stood up and told everyone why in clear
details. I guess I expect the same level of professionalism from others
concerning events as important as a PMC meeting that is a result of heated
mailing list discussions. Maybe that is wrong.

Note: I made every effort to get to that meeting, including getting to the
office space 2 hours early in case there was traffic or something else that
might have stopped me.

It is all about *showing* that you are making an effort. If you don't show
you make an effort, then the rest of what you say really ends up not
carrying much weight.

> I just replied non stop and point by point to Jon's postings as he often
> does (without even getting, IMHO, as personal as he sometimes did).
>
> * However, some people reprehended me and not him.
> (And notice that I was doing this only with Jon.)

There is a simple reason that comes from a very old saying:

        Two wrongs don't make a right.

If I'm wrong, then trying to show me that I'm wrong by also being wrong
doesn't make you look right.

I'm not saying that what I was doing was wrong, but I am saying that it was
wrong of you to try to show me that I was wrong by being wrong. That is why
other people were flaming you more than me. :-)

:-)

-jon