On Mon, 7 May 2001, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> There seems to be consensus growing around these three names.  Does that
> meet with everyone's agreement?  If so, I can create the new repositories
> and set up the permissions stuff later today.

+1

( Regarding the name for the third:
+0.7 for tomcat-contrib
+0.5 for tomcat-toolbox
-0.1 for tomcat-modules
-1 for tomcat-sandbox
)

> PS:  Just a note on "toolbox" -- if the stuff that might go here is
> independent of Tomcat itself, you might think about making it a Commons
> package instead of a Tomcat package.  You'll find several other useful
> goodies already there.

I think something like the web-based build tool or various modules (
i.e. things that work as interceptor or valves - with most of the code
common to 3.x and 4.x ) should be toolbox-based for now.

For utils - commons is the target destination, but I personally don't have
too much time to spend on it.