On Mon, 2001-09-10 at 16:48, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Why don't we keep a NON-APR (JK), and progress works on APR based on WebApp?
> Joining AJPv14 and WARP?

The important thing in mod_jk is the modularity, the fact that it
supports multiple server adapters and multiple protocols. This part has
nothing ( or little ) to do with APR or ajp14 or warp - and it is the
part I absolutely want preserved ( and improved ).

I'm quite familiar with webapp ( it's allways important to know the
competition :-), wa_request is the only serious obstacle (IMHO ).

If you can merge the request representation ( and callbacks ) to use the
same names, the rest will fit perfectly.

Even in the current status, with part of jk using it's own portability
routines and webapp using apr, there is no other problem in putting them
togheter, except for implemeting the glue code needed to add any new
protocol in jk.

Regarding the module itself- things are reasonably similar.