>In few days we'll have the jk2 working, so you can play with
>unix domain
>sockets - that should improve a bit the performance. There are few
>other optimizations there ( more agressive recycling, etc ) - and
>we really need help testing it and feedback.
>( I have it working on my machine, but I'm still trying to figure
>how to deal with 4.0 class loaders - if I can't I'll just use
>the old mechanism ).

Unix domain will be faster on systems running Apache and Tomcat on
the same box, so faster network IO will still be fine for configuration
with separate Webserver and Tomcat (security concerns or load-balancing)

>Regarding NBIO and Jk2 - I think the Channel abstraction could be
>enhanced to use poll() ( using APR ).

Jk2 is really a whole new study for the good old mod_jk developpers,
like many others I'm back to school Professor Costin ;)