----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 2002. január 8. 16:35
Subject: Re: nbio connector

> > , and could
> > use a helping hand here and there. In fact, I already have much of
> > the code for building the HttpServletRequest object, but to keep
> > it really elegant I'll need some help from the Tomcat community.
> > Most notably, much of the code duplications could go away if Catalina
> > code in  org.apache.catalina.connectors.http was more reusable
> > (some classes are package-private and some public classes take
> > package-private classes in a constructor argument etc.).
> > I'll return to these issues on this list after I've properly set
> > up the project on SourceForge.
>
> Don't use that code, as it is not very efficient / memory intensive, etc.
> Something more useful would be to write a nbio selector for the HTTP/1.1
> connector I'm writing in j-t-c.

I assume you're talking about coyote when refering to "connector I'm writing in j-t-c".
Could you be a bit more specific on that? I finally got the chance to jump on the NBIO
HTTP connector implementation, and would like to know what is the current state of the
coyote connector (seems like it's heavily in the primary "under construction" phase),
and what is its long term goal? Will binary distributions of Tomcat include it once
it's complete? Is it meant to become the default HTTP connector implementation shipped
with Tomcat?

I'm now studying it for bits that could get reused in a NBIO implementation (that
means mostly the response code; request processing algorithms can't be generalized
accross blocking and non-blocking approach, though (this asymmetry has its deep
reasons and is quite amusing)).

Attila.