>I believe someone on this list once said something like "open
>source development: have fun or get paid for it". I'm working
>on NIO solely because it's a fun new technology in Java with a
>huge potential, and if it happens to turn out useful it's a
>clear win. :-)

NBIO is really an interesting stuff and any works conducted
on it is good to make us learn (or relearn)

An interesting point is that we ALL (Unix Developpers) used
select(), poll() or whatever on our early age (especially
up to the time threads API came up.

Then we all switch to threads with blocked IO since it's really
simpler for developpment.

And it's funny to note that on the Windows Developpers
with winsocks async mode have often keep the NON-BLOCKED
mode.

So my advice is continue to play with NBIO, and if bench
are good for any parts of Tomcat (or even jakarta),
contribute it ASAP.

Keep on this works, since the benchs I saw on Matt site
were more than interesting on heavily servers.

Regards