El Jueves 10 Enero 2002 06:16, GOMEZ Henri escribió:
> >I believe someone on this list once said something like "open
> >source development: have fun or get paid for it". I'm working
> >on NIO solely because it's a fun new technology in Java with a
> >huge potential, and if it happens to turn out useful it's a
> >clear win. :-)
>
> NBIO is really an interesting stuff and any works conducted
> on it is good to make us learn (or relearn)

Really, I need to learn all about this, because I am a autodidact programmer.
( I am a commercial enginner working as webmaster)

> So my advice is continue to play with NBIO, and if bench
> are good for any parts of Tomcat (or even jakarta),
> contribute it ASAP.
>
> Keep on this works, since the benchs I saw on Matt site
> were more than interesting on heavily servers.

I will try to get  NBIO work as a Ajp13 connector, because my site it's very
high loaded ( IMHO ), and i NEED to get a better performance.

Will be posible publish a bechmarking page?
I want to compare my hardware,load, software, OS, JVM , and configuration
with others.

By example:

My site

Load: 65000 page views daily.
I'm using a Linux Firewall compiled with LinuxVirtualServer to balanced
between 2 webservers.
Each webServers have a Apache 1.3.20 and a Tomcat 3.3.1 Both are Linux 2.2

I'm using Blackdown JDK 1.3 with green threads and the JIT ShudoJit.

The Tomcat Home and the Apache DocumentRoot is hosted on a third server, and
accesssed by NFS for the webservers. This third server have a Oracle database
to server to both Tomcats.

TOMCAT_OPTS="-Xms32m -Xmx256m -Djava.compiler=shudojit"

I'm using AJP13 balanced between both webservers.
in httpd.conf:

MaxClients 256

in server.xml:

MaxThreads 300