"Remy Maucherat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> I'd also like to point out that the servlet API changes are very
>>> limited, and it will be possible to use Tomcat 5.0 with the Jasper
>>> from Tomcat 4.1. So I think "major" new features should go in the 5.0
>>> codebase.
>>>

>> What is a realistic timeline for 5.0 being released?
>
> I'm now independent and unemployed, so I'm not aware of the Sun
> schedules for the spec anymore :-P Probably within 3-6 months given J2EE
> 1.4 is in beta. The rule is we cannot release a stable version of 5.0.x
> until the specs are final.

Regarding servlets, the JSR-154 Spec Lead did not inform us yet of any
deadline... I know that Sun wants to have it out "soonish", but there are
still quite few bits and bobs to sort out (like friggin' schema).

If you have questions regarding JSR-154 (requirements/info/...) contact me
as I'm still the official representative for the ASF on the JCP expert
group.

Have fun...

    Pier